PacRim Marketing Group and its sister company, PRTech, supported the Hawaiian Humane Society this year in lieu of holding a gift exchange at their annual Christmas party. In the spirit of giving this holiday season, the PacRim and PRTech staff donated “Wish List” items to the Humane Society, which is located next to the firms’ U.S. headquarters in Honolulu.
“We chose to help the Hawaiian Humane Society to further a community service as well as out of a desire to help a non-profit "neighbor" with needs—especially during the holiday season,” said Dave Erdman, President and CEO of PacRim and PRTech.
One hundred percent of the 42 employees at the Christmas party—even those who traveled from the Continental U.S.— donated, said Alyson Winters, Integrated Marketing Services and Client Services Assistant at PacRim Marketing Group. “In total, 98 items, including food, toys, leashes, cleaning supplies, and even dog beds were donated by PacRim and PRTech staff.” For each item donated, staff was entered in a raffle contest for prizes including fine dining gift certificates.
The donations were hand delivered to the Humane Society. Hawaiian Humane Society Chief Financial Officer, Linda Ross, and Shelter Manager, Matt Malta, accepted the gifts, saying the gifts help with the enrichment of the animals. “Over 300 animals get a treat every day,” said Malta. He explained how a simple donation like a shoe box helps calm an anxious cat.
The Hawaiian Humane Society is supported entirely by local donations, and is completely separate from any national non-profit organizations. It is the only animal shelter on Oahu that has a 100% acceptance policy, and is open every day of the year.
The Hawaiian Humane Society’s “Wish List” includes food, toys, and supplies for cats and dogs as well as supplies for the administration.
For more information about the Hawaiian Humane Society, visit their website at www.hawaiianhumane.org
The Hawaiian Humane Society’s Wish List for any time of year:
- Canned puppy/kitten/adult cat food (pate-style preferred, not slices or chunks, unopened, non-expired)
- Cat and dog treats (unopened, non-expired)
- Dry dog/cat food for Pet Food Bank (unopened, non-expired)
- Puppy & kitten formula (powdered, unopened, non-expired)
- Cat toys (no strings)
- Kongs (all sizes; the bigger the better)
- Ping pong balls
- Bath towels & rugs (2 x 3 ft. non-skid)
- Cat beds by Kuranda
- Clay cat litter (non-clumping)
- Clorox bleach for cleaning
- Copy paper
- Corrugated Cardboard Scratch Refills
- Dawn dish soap for cleaning
- Dog beds by Kuranda
- Easy Walker dog harness (all sizes)
- Fleece bolster dog mats (all sizes)
- Laundry detergent
- Pet shampoo (non-medicated)
- Puppy pads
- Replacement fabric for medium and large standard poly-resin Kuranda dog bed. (Nylon weave fabric. Color: forest green for large and sierra green for medium beds.)
- Shoe boxes (kittens love to cuddle in them)
- Shopping bags
- Ziploc bags - gallon and sandwich sizes